Years ago I spent a lot of time in Bolivia and northern Chile working as a tour leader. It is a fantastic part of the world and suits perfectly for a small group Adventure Photography Tour.
This is a call to action. I am planning to run an ‘Atacama Adventure in 2025’ and want to scout the tour mid March 2024. Do you want to join? There are still two spots available. Here is some additional info.
We will go round trip from La Paz. Itinerary is as follows:
– La Paz – Uyuni – Salt Flats (flooded this time of year with insane reflections) – Atacama Desert (incredible dark skies for Astro) – San Pedro de Atacama (Chile) – Back across the Desert and Salt Flats on a slightly different route. – Uyuni – La Paz
Price for the scouting tour is €3,497 in Euros. I have space for 4 people. It’s going to be awesome!
Highlights of the trip our:
– Flooded Salt Flats creating the perfect giant mirror for incredible landscape images including Astro reflections.
– The astro photography here is insane!! Every night there are pure dark skies and a great opportunity to capture the milky way in full.
– Crossing the Altiplano of southern Bolivia is a high altitude adventure. We will visit the Ollague Volcano viewpoint, Cañapa lagoon, Chiarcota and Turquiri lagoons (all located at an average height of 4,300 m.a.s.l.), we can observe flamingos, vicuñas and other wildlife of the Siloli desert.
– San Pedro de Atacama, Chile is our mid tour rest. Here we can explore the adobe mud-brick town as well as the altiplanic lakes Miscanti and Miñiques, plus the Valley of the Moon for sunset and Coyote Viewpoint.
– Returning to Uyuni across the Altiplano from San Pedro with more opportunities for unique high altitude landscape & wildlife & astro photography.
– Finishing back at the Salt Flats for even more Astro and Landscape photography.
– The BEST PIZZA in Bolivia at Minute Man Pizza Uyuni. Trust me this is delicious and the best way to celebrate the end of a crazy journey!!
Included in the tour:
– All transportation including two domestic flights
– All accommodation including daily breakfasts
– Four lunch and dinners during the round trip Altiplano crossing
– Photography and Astro photography instruction and assistance
– Editing and Post Processing instruction and assistance
– Arrival and departure airport transfers on same start and end day of the tour
Get in touch direct via the contact form below and I can send much more detailed information plus answer any questions you might have.
As for every workshop and adventure photography trip on this site; if you are interested in joining and want to connect with me directly please complete the simple Contact Us form below. Thank you.
In the next 24–48 hours, I will review your details and contact you via email or phone.